Many people have serious medical issues that prevent them from consuming gluten, while some of us try to limit our gluten because of difficulty digesting, weight gain, or other side effects. Unfortunately there are times when, in spite of our best efforts, we still get glutened.
All of us have our own go-to advice and home remedies, so after extensive polling and testing, we’ve collected our favorite ones. Good luck, feel better, and drink up that apple cider vinegar!
To aid in digestion and calm your stomach:
- Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ACV, 1 tbsp honey mixed with a mug of hot water
- Aloe Juice
- Chamomile and peppermint teas
- LOTS of sleep, LOTS of water
- Ibuprofen/Advil for headaches
- Fermented foods
- Juices (kale, ginger smoothies)
- Plain brown rice and vegetables. If your stomach can handle it, add in some plain grilled chicken.
- Vitamins, digestive enzymes to help your gut heal
- Tom Kha soup
- Stay away from other trigger foods for awhile (dairy, coffee, oats, refined sugars, anything high in fat)