An affirmation is simply a statement, positive or negative, about a perceived truth about oneself, which are often repeated, until they get impressed on the subconscious mind. When we talk about “using affirmations,” we’re talking about intentionally choosing positive, self-affirming thoughts while training the mind into healthy habits.
Your subconscious mind accepts as true what you keep saying. It attracts corresponding events and situations into your life. So why not choose only positive statements, in order to get positive results? Repeated positive statements help you focus your mind on your aim.
There are endless ways to work with affirmations and incorporate them into your daily routine. You could write them on post-it notes and stick them on mirrors, walls, or windows. Post them any place you see every day such as the bathroom mirror, your desk at work, your computer monitor at home, the wall next to your closet, etc.
See for yourself that affirmations are a way for us to harness the mind’s power by directing our intentions toward our best selves and our happiest lives. Here are our 10 favorite affirmations for the month of November:
- Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy.
- My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is tranquil.
- Happiness is a choice. I base my happiness on my own accomplishments and the blessings I’ve been given.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- I let go of worries that drain my energy for no good return.
- I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.
- I compare myself only to my highest self.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- My thoughts are filled with positivity and my life is plentiful with prosperity.
- I replace my anger with understanding and compassion.